I love it when I can repurpose leftover proteins for another meal. Well, this is exactly what I did with the chicken fajita from dinner.
I found some Tumeric Coconut Wrap in my pantry and it was exactly what I needed to make a chicken wrap. I just had to microwave the chicken, spread it on the wrap and added some cheese and veggies on top. It was so good and different enough from dinner that it was exciting.
I got the coconut wrap from Thrive Market, but I’ve seen them at Walmart and other online retailer. This particular wrap is tumeric flavor and it’s my favorite. I love the yellow color. It’s a combination of sweetness from the coconut and the intoxicating fragrance of the tumeric. The wrap is soft and pliable like a regular tortilla or any other conventional wraps.
So if you’re looking for a way to repurpose your leftovers, why not try to wrap it up?🌯
- Large Skillet
- 2 lbs chicken thigh boneless & skinless, cut into bite size or strips
- 3 whole bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 whole onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Bae Blend #tacotuesday optional
- avocado sliced or cubed
- full fat sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Combine and mix lemon juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder & cilantro in a bowl. Add chicken thighs and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium high heat and add fat of choice. Cook chicken for 7 to 10 minutes until there's no more pink in the center. Remove chicken and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and saute peppers & onions to the same skillet. It should be done in about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with low carb tortillas, flaxseed lavash bread, or coconut wrap. Top with chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, and cubed avocados.