Have you guys tried Kabocha squash yet?
It’s so good! To me, it’s kind of a miracle vegetable that can be used as a great low carb substitute for potatoes, particularly sweet potatoes (my favorite♥️). It’s sweet and delicious.
I have used Kabocha in a few recipes and I’m always pleased with the results. I made Banh Tet, a Vietnamese pastry to celebrate the New Year, and it was a great mung bean dupe.
Kabocha goes great in curry. I’ve used it in several curry dishes. They are a great addition to soups too. In addition to savory dishes, they can serve as a great substitute for pumpkin or sweet potato pie.
Today, I made Air Fry Kabocha Wedges. Oh my goodness, it was so good. I have always love sweet potato anything. Since going keto, I haven’t been eating sweet potato fries.
The key to preparing Kabocha is to microwave it for a few minutes before cutting into it. It’s easier to cut when it’s soft, otherwise you’ll be using a lot of strength to crack it open. Trust me, I’ve tried both ways.
Air Fry Kabocha Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 whole Kabocha Squash
- Microwave Kabocha for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the size.
- Let it cool and cut in half. Scoop out all the seeds.
- Cut into even slices or wedges.
- Spray air fryer basket with avocado or olive oil.
- Lay fries in one layer so that it can crisp up evenly.
- Air fry for 10 minutes at 300°-350°F. Depending on how crispy you want it, increase the temp or time after the 10 minutes.
- Toss fries with with salt and/or your favorite seasoning.