Chicken fajitas are super easy to make and oh so satisfying. I love that it comes with colorful veggies. It’s also really easy to customize and make keto friendly. You can wrap it up in homemade keto tortillas, store bought flaxseed lavash bread or turmeric coconut wrap.
No low-carb wraps, no problem! Just eat it by itself or over a nice green salad. Make it your way and keep it interesting with different topping. I love toppings avocados, shredded cheese and sour cream.
My ketofied chicken fajita was inspired by Cafe Delites’ Best Chicken Fajitas recipe. I love it because she only used 5 ingredients for the chicken fajita marinade. I cut my chicken thighs into bite sizes pieces to expedite the cooking process.
Make this easy chicken recipe and have dinner ready within 30 minutes. It’ll be a big hit with the family. The chicken marinade is made with clean ingredients that are already in your pantry.
This is totally optional, but I added Bae Blend’s #tacotuesday seasoning. Bae Blend’s is made with wholesome ingredients and takes your food to the next level!
Here’s the description of #tacotuesday:
This squeaky clean taco seasoning is the perfect mix of flavorful spices with just the right kick to make every day Taco Tuesday. Add to beef, pork, chicken, or seafood.
Ingredients: Ancho peppers, onion, kosher salt, garlic, pepper, paprika, other herbs and spices (including chipotle pepper and cayenne), and citric acid.
- Large Skillet
- 2 lbs chicken thigh boneless & skinless, cut into bite size or strips
- 3 whole bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 whole onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Bae Blend #tacotuesday optional
- avocado sliced or cubed
- full fat sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Combine and mix lemon juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder & cilantro in a bowl. Add chicken thighs and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium high heat and add fat of choice. Cook chicken for 7 to 10 minutes until there's no more pink in the center. Remove chicken and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and saute peppers & onions to the same skillet. It should be done in about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with low carb tortillas, flaxseed lavash bread, or coconut wrap. Top with chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, and cubed avocados.