Need a fresh take on the traditional tuna salad recipe? Try this Asian inspired tuna salad on air fry lavash flatbread chips. It’s not only low in carbs, it’s high in flavor and has a satisfying crunch with every bite!
I had two cans of tuna in my cupboard for the longest time and I didn’t know what to do with it. While browsing for recipe ideas, I came across LowCarbingAsian’s Keto Japanese Inspired Tuna Sandwich. I didn’t have any low carb tortillas, but I had lavash bread, which I knew would be excellent for this recipe. I used LowCarbingAsian’s recipe as a starting point, but added some of my own flair.
I have been meaning to make lavash bread chips and I’m so glad that I finally did it. The air fry chips were yummy, crunchy and was the perfect platform for the tuna salad. I used avocado mayo, green onions, furikake seasoning, and lemon juice to jazz up the traditional tuna salad.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake your chips in the oven at 400F for about 10-12 minutes. You can also crisp up the chips in a skillet on the stove-top at medium heat.
Asian Tuna Salad Nacho Bites
Low Carb Flaxseed Lavash Bread Chips
- 1 sheet Lavash Bread cut into chip sizes
- Avocado oil spray olive oil works too
Asian Tuna Salad
- 1 can tuna in water
- 2 tbsp avocado mayo
- 1-2 tsp furikake seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic seasoning
- 2 wedges lemon
- 1 stalk green onions chopped
- 1 avocado diced in small chunks
Air Fry Lavash Chips
- Place bite size chips in air fryer basket
- Spray oil on chips
- Air fry at 300F for about 7-10 minutes depending on air fryer
- Remove from oven once chips are golden brown
Tuna Salad Directions
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Spoon tuna salad on lavash chips, squeeze some lemon juice, and top with some avocados.