This chicken salad is so fresh and satisfying to eat.
Keto Vietnamese Chicken Salad
Refreshing and delicious. An exciting new take on chicken salad!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced white/yellow onion (sliced thin then soak in ice-cold water to remove some of the pungent taste)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- chopped roasted peanuts
- fried shallots
Nuoc Cham Dressing
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp keto sweetener (monkfruit, erthythitol, allulose)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha
- Prepare the dressing: Mix together fish sauce, sweetener and lime juice until combined. Add garlic and chili pepper.Add a little bit of the dressing to the shredded chicken and toss it together.In a salad bowl, mix together chicken, green cabbage, red/purple cabbage, carrots, onions, and half of the mint leaves.Add remaining dressing to the salad. Toss to combine.When ready to serve, top the salad with remaining mint leaves for a nice pop of color, chopped roasted peanuts and fried shallots.
Cooked chicken - buy a rotisserie chicken and shred
Fresh chicken breast - Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add chicken and cook for about 20 minutes or when the breast is fork-tender and juices run clear. Allow chicken to cool then shred by hand into long thin strips. Set aside.